Client Program Instructions
TaxCaddy streamlines the tax return preparation process for you and your tax professional by helping you gather and share files and provide all the information that's needed to prepare your tax return. The following is a summary of many of the great features that TaxCaddy has to offer.
TaxCaddy is not your accounting firm's portal. Your TaxCaddy account is yours to keep, forever. You decide who to share your information with. If you change accounting firms, you take your TaxCaddy account with you.
Firstly, you will need to create a TaxCaddy account. Click the button below to get started by visiting TaxCaddy.com.
You will then receive an invitation to connect with us. If you were already logged in, ensure you are on the Overview screen. To view the Overview screen, click Overview on the main navigation bar.
On the left panel, select your tax professional firm, then click Accept Connection to accept a connection request from your tax professional.
On the Connection Request dialog box, click ACCEPT.
Your tax professional is now connected to your TaxCaddy account. You'll receive requests from your tax professional in the to Request from [connected tax professional firm] panel when they issue a questionnaire or requested items.
You may also see a connection request from your tax professional when you log in to TaxCaddy for the first time. Select the tax professional firm, then click ACCEPT CONNECTION.
Once you have connected with us, you will be able to upload documents, answer the questionnaire, and send messages to your accountant. There will be a new questionnaire and list of requested documents uploaded yearly.
For detailed instructions on how to navigate TaxCaddy, click here.
- When taking a picture of a document to upload to TaxCaddy, please use the camera feature within the TaxCaddy App. Uploading a picture that was taken on your camera’s phone can lead to processing issues on our end. We appreciate you utilizing this feature of the TaxCaddy App.
- Please review the document request list, marking not applicable as needed. This helps both you and your accountant to know what is still outstanding.
- Please answer all questions in the client questionnaire section. Please double check the document request list after completing the questionnaire as additional requests may have been added based on your responses. For example, if you respond Yes to the question about refinancing your home a document request will be generated for the escrow statement from the refinance.
- When you are finished uploading documents to Tax Caddy, please mark that the upload is complete. This communicates to your accountant that your documents are ready for processing and will lead to faster turnaround times.
- Consider setting up a Smart Link between TaxCaddy and your financial institution. This allows TaxCaddy to retrieve documents (Form 1099s, 1098, etc.) directly from your financial institution. This eliminates scanning and uploading and amended forms are automatically downloaded too. These links not only save time for you, but for your accountant too. For a complete list of institutions that link with TaxCaddy, click here.
- Do you have security concerns? Please read this letter from Tax Caddy and let your accountant know if you have additional questions.
- Return Delivery and Electronic Signature in SafeSend Returns
- Signing in SafeSend Signatures
- Additional Instructions
SafeSend Returns will clearly and easily walk you through the tax return delivery and the signing process. SafeSend Returns provides links to the state and federal taxing authorities’ websites, where you can pay your estimates and taxes electronically (highly recommended); payments can be scheduled to go out on a date of your choosing.
We will send your return via your email on file. If you would like to get push notifications on your mobile phone vs a one-time access email, please contact our office at (209) 527-4220 to provide the correct number.
- Click here to view an instructional video on 1040 Individual Tax Returns.
- Click here to view an instructional video on Entity Tax Returns (and K1 distribution).
- Click here to view written instructions on Navigating SafeSend Returns.
If there are documents that need to be signed, that are not attached to a tax return, we utilize SafeSend Signatures. Click here to view a video an instructional video on using SafeSend Signatures.
- Click here for how-to Signer Delegation Instructions.
- Click here to view instructions on SafeSend Delegated Signer Experience.
- Click here to view instructions on K1 Delegation.
- Click here to view instructions on K1 Recipient Experience.
- Click here to view instructions on SafeSend Grouped Returns Instructions.
- Client Portal System Requirements
- Using the Client Portal
- Viewing/Saving Documents in the Client Portal
- Uploading Documents in the Client Portal
- Using My Account
We are pleased to offer our clients a means to access their electronic documents online through our Client Portal. The Client Portal is directly accessible from the Grimbleby Coleman website (www.gccpas.net) by hovering over the Client Corner link at the top right corner of our homepage, then selecting Portal/Payroll Login from the dropdown menu.
A login page will open and ask for your username and password.
If this is your first time logging in, please refer to the email you received with your login and password information (consider checking your spam folder). If you have any issues getting logged in, please contact our portal support staff at email@example.com.
- Below are the internet browsers that are supported to fully utilize the Client Portal:
- Apple Safari – version 5.0 or higher
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – version 7.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox – version 3.0 or higher
- In order to view/edit/save copies of documents, we recommend that users have the following programs installed:
- Adobe Acrobat or Reader 6.0 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2003 or higher
- Please be aware that if you have pop‐up blockers turned on or enhanced security settings, your usage of our portal may be restricted. Please verify your settings in your internet browser if you encounter any issues.
- For use of the portal on your mobile device we recommend you download the app for iOS or Android.
Once you have logged into our Client Portal, you should see a homepage similar to below:
To view documents in the portal, you can click on the ClientFlow link on the dashboard.
You may have access to multiple accounts with our firm. If so, you must select the folder that you wish to access.
Once you have selected a folder, the screen will then refresh and show the documents available for your access. Please keep in mind that documents will not appear here unless we have granted access to them from our files. If you do not see a file here that you wish to have access to, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a document, you can simply click on it. The document will then open in a separate viewer window. If you wish to make any changes to the file, you will need to save a copy to your computer and then re‐upload it to us.
We can transmit nearly any type of document to you. Depending on the setup of your computer, most users will be able to save a copy of any document from the portal. Below are some tips in saving copies of documents from most file formats:
The file will likely open directly into Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat depending on which program you have installed on your computer. Most users will see this icon in the Adobe Acrobat toolbar when they opened the document. You can click the ‘disk’ or Save icon to save a copy of the document to wherever you choose. Depending on the web browser that you use, you may also be able to right‐click the opened file or use the browser to save a copy of a PDF file.
You will likely see a prompt similar to the one below; you can open or save the file before accessing.
Even if you choose to ‘Open’ the file, the document still needs to open in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel to view the file. The file will open in the native program; You will be able to choose File > Save As to save a copy. Depending on the settings you have selected for your Internet browser, you may have different options for saving or viewing files.
Our portal does support the transmission of QuickBooks files. Most users will see a prompt similar to the one below.
Our Client Portal supports the ability to upload files securely to the portal for easy retrieval by GC employees. This is useful for documents that are too big to be sent securely by email or to simply upload documents to store on the portal for easy access.
To upload a file, click on the upload icon:
Click the Select Files icon to locate the file on your computer using Windows Explorer. Once you have located the file, you will then click the Upload icon to return back to the ClientFlow screen.
You should now see this file in your folder with your other documents. As this file is now stored in our file drawer, you will need to contact a GC representative to remove this file at any point.
At the top of the screen, in the right corner, you may click the icon with your name to update information about your account. You can create a custom login name, update your password and set security question responses, as needed.
Here are some things to remember regarding choosing a secure password:
- The password must be at least 7 characters.
- One character must be an uppercase letter.
- One character must be a number.
- Your login may not be contained within your password.
- Your account first or last name may not be contained within your password.
We're here to help! For additional assistance or support you may contact our administrative staff during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM) at (209) 527-4220, or email us at email@example.com.